Testosterone cypionate first hit the western market in the early 1950s. The drug was brought to the market by Pharmacia & Upjohn company. At first, the product wasn’t really widespread, being in fact a substitute for testosterone enanthate in the US. There is a slight difference between these drugs – Cypionate is less likely to cause local irritation.
Testosterone cypionate is used for treating men with low level of androgens, which causes reduced sexual potency and lack of vigor.
In the 1960s it was also used to strengthen bone structure and to treat menorrhagia and osteoporosis. Moreover, testosterone cypionate was used to stimulate spermatogenesis by means of suppression (200mg of the drug weekly during 6-10 weeks) and further recovery.
By the end of the 1970s the concept of its administration had been revised so that it was no longer used to treat infertility.
Testosterone cypionate remains one of the most popular drugs not only in the US market, but also in Canada, Australia, Spain, Brazil and South Africa.
Testosterone cypionate is one of the longest-lasting testosterone esters available today. Its effective half-life in the body is approximately 15-16 days (biological half-life is 6-8 days). The drug comes in the form of an oily solution. In a view of its long-lasting effect, the drug evokes stronger water retention than other anabolic steroids. Most often it is used as a part of a combined course aiming at muscle mass gain.
In the body testosterone cypionate performs the functions of the natural hormone testosterone – a male sex hormone responsible for many physical and emotional masculine features. It promotes voice deepening, sex drive, aggression and muscle growth. Testosterone works through anabolic receptors, causing nitrogen retention in the muscles. In turn, nitrogen serves as a building material for muscle proteins.
A disadvantage of testosterone cypionate consists in its aromatizing property, i.e. it is coverted into estrogens. Excessive accumulation of estrogen in males evokes appearance of feminine traits: gynecomastia, water retention, gynecoid obesity as well as low sex drive and testicular atrophy. Most of adverse effects can be avoided in case of correct drug administration.
- Anabolic effect – 100% of the one of testosterone.
- Androgenic effect – 100% of the one of testosterone.
- Effect level on the hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular axis – significant suppression.
- Toxicity to the liver – absent
- Conversion into estrogen – high.
- Testosterone cypionate (as well as any other form of the hormone) operates through anabolic receptors, thus, significantly increasing their nitrogen retention ability (nitrogen serves as a building material for muscle proteins).
- Significant muscle mass gain. During steroid cycle there is sudden cellular hydration observed, so that a considerable part of gained muscle mass consists of water. It makes muscles look better-defined, but at the same time, contributes to the rollback phenomenon, which takes place after the end of testosterone cypionate cycle. Accumulated water stands for 1/3 of the total weight gain.
- Boosted power performance.
- Stimulation of red blood cells production. Increased blood oxygen content enables muscles to work more effectively, enhancing athlete’s stamina.
- It is responsible for sexual behavior and spermatogenesis.
- It provides positive nitrogen balance (the amount of produced protein exceeds the number of decayed one).
- Improved phosphoric metabolism.
- As well as any other injectable form of testosterone, testosterone cypionate promotes a significant increase in muscle mass and strength during a cycle. Since testosterone is easily converted into estrogen, body fluid will account for about 30% of the total mass and will be quickly lost after the course completion.
- For the same reason testosterone cypionate is hardly suitable for the cycle. Excessive estrogen level induced by the drug can quickly lead to the development of gynecomastia, which is associated with painfulness and swelling or induration in the nipple area. To prevent these adverse effect, there are adjuvants administered (Nolvadex and Clomid). Anti-estrogens minimize estrogen effects, making anabolic steroids work in the needed way. Aromatase blockers best fulfill this objective.
- Since testosterone is the main male androgen, androgenic side effects are also likely to take place. In many respects it is related to the rate of testosterone conversion into dihydrotestosterone (DHT). This substance is a metabolite of testosterone, which is responsible for the development of the androgenic effects associated with the use of testosterone cypionate. They include increased sebum production, acne, facial and body hair growth, as well as male pattern baldness.
- Not all the users suffer from head hair loss. First and foremost, this problem concerns those with genetic predisposition (baldness of family members). To prevent this side effect one can try Propecia (Proscar), which blocks the conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone. Propecia significantly reduces the risk of alopecia, so the other androgenic effects are less likely to take place.
Testosterone Cypionate Side effects
- A peculiarity of testosterone cypionate consists in its strong aromatizing capacity.
- The increase in muscle mass is often accompanied by excessive estrogen level, which causes gynecomastia, tissue swelling or induration in the nipple area. This adverse effect can be prevented by anti-estrogens, such as Clomid or Nolvadex, and aromatase blockers.
- Side effects of testosterone cypionate often have androgenic character, which is determined by the rate of the hormone conversion into the active form – dihydrotestosterone.
- Among other probable side effects there are increased arterial blood pressure, facial and body hair growth (or vice versa – alopecia), increased sebum production and acne.
Testosterone Cypionate Dosages and Uses
Despite the long-lasting effect of the drug, injections should be given on a weekly basis, to constantly keep high concentration.
Aiming at muscle mass gain, an average single dose must consist of 250-500 mg weekly. The drug brings good results, if taken in the "solo" course. Experience has shown that doses higher than 800-1000 mg does not produce better effect, but drastically increase the risk of side effects.
Testosterone Cypionate Cycles (Courses)
As it was mentioned above, to block estrogens there can be used Tamoxifen (10mg daily, starting from the second week of the cycle and finishing in 2 weeks after the completion of testosterone course). It is more advisable to take Proviron during the course.
Once testosterone course is completed, one should start taking Tamoxifen instead of Proviron to restore the production of testosterone. Anti-estrogens reduce water retention and suppress the development of gynecomastia. Make sure to read the article on PCT.
If the course lasts for more than 4 weeks, it is necessary to take gonadotropin during the course (500mg per week, starting from the 3rd one).
Testosterone Cypionate Combined Cycle
Combined cycle of testosterone cypioanate is almost identical to a solo cycle. The steroid is best combined with Nandrolone. In this case, one should take about 200mg of each drug weekly. Tamoxifen acts as estrogen blocker (10mg daily, starting from the second week of the cycle and ending in 2 weeks after its completion). During the course it is recommended to take Proviron, which is subsequently replaced by Tamoxifen (to normalize testosterone production).
0 customer responses
You must be logged in to post a comment.
click here to log in