Androgel was developed in the U.S. by Unimed company. It was launched in 2000 and was used for treating men with testosterone deficiency. It includes men with cryptorchidism, orchiectomy, Klinefelter syndrome, men undergoing chemotherapy or those who are exposed to toxic substances. It is also prescribed for hypogonadotropic hypogonadism, patients with low levels of LH or LHRH. In Europe, the analogue of Androgel named testim is used. Its absorption level is higher because of the thicker and more sticky consistency. These medications are popular in clinical medicine and their area of usage is growing.
Androgel is hydroalcoholic gel containing 1% of testosterone. It was developed to provide continuous absorption of testosterone for 21 hours after embrocation. About 10% of the embrocated dose is absorbed.
- Anabolic activity - 100% of testosterone.
- Androgenic Activity - 100% of testosterone.
- Duration - 3-4 days.
- Detection time - about 3 months.
- Liver impact exposure level - not toxic.
- Muscle mass growth.
- Regulation of the development of male sex hormones and some secondary sexual characteristics (male pattern of hair distribution, low voice pattern, masculine facial features, etc.).
- Improving of phosphorous metabolism and nitrogen balance.
- Providing of sexual behavior and spermatogenesis.
- Increase of the motivation.
- Mood improvement.
- The stimulation of red blood cell production. Testosterone undecanoate increases oxygen mass in the blood, and as a consequence — endurance becomes stronger.
Testosterone gel Androgel has the same spectrum of side effects as testosterone:
- Endogenous testosterone suppression
- Increase in arterial blood pressure
- Hypertrophy of the prostate
- Hair loss
- Liquid accumulation in the body
- Bad cholesterol increase
- Aggression and irritability
Before using the drug you should consult a specialist.
Dosages and Uses
Dosage: The optimal dosage is 5 g (containing 50 g of testosterone) once a day. The dosage may vary depending on the age, body weight, length of training.
Frequency of dosage: once a day
Testosterone gel Androgel has the following advantages:
- No need to perform injection
- More balanced input of hormones in the blood
That’s it for the benefits of testosterone gel. At the same time, the following disadvantages take place:
- Androgel and other testosterone gels have a very high price.
- In bodybuilding it is necessary to create a high concentration of anabolic hormones in the blood, which can not be achieved through the skin. The increasing dose of the Androgel increases the concentration of testosterone for about 150 units.
Thus, about 50 grams of gel is required to create the required concentration, which significantly increases the expense of the drug (very unprofitable from the money-saving point of view). This fact alone makes the treatment extremely inconvenient. Large area of skin should be covered with the gel, and even in this case, the gel layer will be so thick that most of the testosterone gel remain on the clothes.
Thus, we may conclude that testosterone gel – Androgel is impractical in bodybuilding.
Androgel is used externally. Before starting the therapy, all patients should be examined to exclude cancer of the hormone dependent organs (e.g. prostate), such examinations are also required during the whole period of the therapy (every 6-12 months). Gel is recommended to be used once a day (preferably in the morning).
0 customer responses
You must be logged in to post a comment.
click here to log in