Profile (History, Chemical Structure, Characteristics)
Proofs that, when being ingested as an additional supplement, GABA increases the growth hormone by 500% (by five times) were published about 30 years ago.
A new experiment was made in May 2003, it confirmed the results and was targeting bodybuilders. 3 grams of GABA increased the secretion of growth hormone, but only if the supplement was taken immediately after exercising. GABA didn’t influence the secretion without strength exercises.
A research in 2008 concluded that taking GABA increases the secretion of growth hormone the same way both during rest and after training, though it is still unknown how it affects the muscle growth.
GABA (Gamma-aminobutyric acid) is one of the most important mediators of the brain, which has inhibiting effect. It is amino acid by its nature. GABA induces sleep and eliminates mental excitement in the human body.
GABA is used in bodybuilding because of its ability to stimulate anterior pituitary gland, which produces the growth hormone. For its part, the growth hormone has a strong anabolic and fat-burning effect.
Substance features of Gamma-aminobutyric acid
It is white crystalline powder with a slight bitter taste and a specific smell. It is easily dissolved in water, and very little – in alcohol; pH 5% aqueous solution of 6.5-7.5.
- Substance activity: maximum concentration in plasma after 60 minutes.
- Classification: Nootropics.
- Type: tablet or capsule form.
- Dosage: from 3.75 to 5.6 grams per day, in exceptional cases – 15 grams.
- Acne: No.
- Water retention: No.
- High blood pressure: no contraindications.
- Hepatotoxicity: low-toxicity.
- Aromatization: No.
- DHT (dihydrotestosterone) conversion: No.
- Detection time: it can’t be detected in plasma after 24 hours.
- increase of growth hormone;
- gaining relief;
- fat burning;
- improvement of sleep quality;
- antianxiety (soothing) effect.
- slight pricking in face and neck area, changes in the heart and breathing rate. These side effects are not harmful, usually they occur after doses bigger than 4 grams per day. Generally, the side effects dissipate after a few days of application.
- GABA may cause drowsiness, so sometimes it is taken at bedtime.
Dosages and Uses
Dosage: from 3.75 to 5.6 grams per day, in exceptional cases – 15 grams.
Frequency of dosage: twice a day.
Researches achieved positive effects by using at least 2 grams of GABA per day. The optimal dose of GABA is 3.75 grams per day (after the training) – it is the maximum therapeutic dose. Small doses of GABA are useless, because only a little part of it penetrates through the hematoencephalic barrier. The best results are achieved intravenously. Doses of picamilon and phenibut, which have a better ability to penetrate through the BBB (blood-brain barrier), are about 200 and 500 mg per day respectivaly.
Let’s look at a course by the example of GABA from Dymatize.
It is recommended to take the supplement half an hour before sleep. You should take 5 grams of the product and stir it with 100 ml of liquid (water, juice). Gamma-aminobutyric acid GABA from Dymatize is a neuro transmitter, so don’t be surprised if you feel a slight pricking of the skin or if your breathing rate raises after taking it. These effects are temporary and won’t cause any harm to the organism.
The optimal dose of GABA for maximum result is 5-6 grams per day (after training). Small doses of GABA are useless, because only a little part of it penetrates through the hematoencephalic barrier.
Noticeable effect of GABA can be seen after two weeks of using but the drug starts working in its full force after 6-8 weeks. The duration of treatment is one month.
It enhances the effect of drugs, which improves the function of the central nervous system. Benzodiazepines potentiate the effect.
0 customer responses
You must be logged in to post a comment.
click here to log in